Freediving is a type of diving that connects the relationship of the individual with the water. In freediving, the divers hold their breath instead of using air tanks to dive inside the water. The diving period depends upon how long you’re able to keep your breath in the water or how lungs your lungs support you. The basic requirements for free diving only include essentials that help you to visualize in the water. For sportspeople and other water-loving divers, freediving is not only a water sport but also a passion for their life. They would tracks each movement in the water while freediving, and for this purpose, they select the inventions that are designed to track every move in the water, i.e. the best freediving watch.
For this purpose, several market representatives have launched their products in the market that aids in tracking not only the time and other essential things but also keep track of the diving habit. Out of so many freediving watches, we did a detailed review of Best watch for freediving 2020 below:
Top 9 Best Freediving Watches
1. Oceanic Geo 2.0 – Freedive watch
Oceanic Geo 2.0 is produced by Company oceanic that serves their customer with quality and durability. They have made this product after considering the needs of divers to track their freediving time, duration, threshold and demands on the go.
FEATURES OF OCEANIC GEO 2.0:
- The brand has unique designs that attract the consumer, not only with their functions but also with its appearance. It comes in classic designs of silver and black with a touch of sea blue and slate blue decal.
- The design of the screen is in a way that ensures that all the options must be visible, the numerical is large enough to have a natural look by a single glance
- Can operate to a depth of 330 feet or 100 meters
- Apart from its appearance, they serve with a variety of functions including the oxygen monitoring, countdown timer, and with a lot about your diving pattern
- It supports both the functioning of air and nitrox mixing to 100% O2
- The main indication of the diving includes the depth, BT, NDL, and nitrogen loading, and monitoring of all these parameters includes in the functioning list of the product
- The reminding feature is provided both visually and audio by
The LED light and a beep beep sound respectively
- The functioning of Oceanic is happening by 4 modes of operation for the watch, air, and nitrox (Norm mode), run timer (gauge), and with a freediving mode.
- The brightness level is so adjustable as the backlight automatically get brightens in the lower light
- The memory capacity of the watch about your tracking is fair enough, but the data may also transfer to a PC with the help of a USB, which is the most promising feature of the product
- Characteristic of one tap switching to your previous dive record is present
As you can check Best Triathlon watch review also
TUSA is a well-known sport proper manufacturer of Tokyo, Japan, that is renowned for its ISO 9001 certified based designs markets in Tokyo, Japan, or Taiwan. They count on the list of world top-class manufacturers of scuba equipment. From the first small to large-sized products, they are known to come up with the most excellent quality products, and TUSA IQ-1204 is one of the results of their hardworking in the field of diving,
FEATURES OF TUSA IQ-1204:
- TUSA IQ-1204 has a big sized dial of 5×5 inches made with a rugged design that prevents it from flooding and scratching
- Available in a color combination of black with pink that makes it useable by both men and women.
- Provides excellent synchronization with the Bluetooth connectivity with loss or no consumption of battery life
- Provide more exceptional facility of direction tracking with the built-in compass
- The alarming facility is very reliable as it indicates the completion or requirement of your plan with a loud sound and with light flashing
- The most promising factor is the battery life, as it features with a solar battery, so there is no need for repeated charging
- The stopwatch is usable even inside the water to keep a close record of how much you have remained in the same position in deep water
Check the review for best watches for emts also
Cressi, the pioneer of diving companies in Italy, has put all of its efforts into launching a product that is both effective and durable at the same time, and for this goal, they have started one of the best trackers of freediving, the Cressi Leonardo.
FEATURES OF CRESSI LEONARDO:
- The smart pocket-friendly computer has a big sized dial with a smooth, glazed screen giving an elegant look to wear.
- Material is made with sophisticated and complete quality to provide environmental safety, stability, and efficiency
- Allows the plan to set pre-diving plan to have a balance between the goal which sets a further improvement in the goal
- Can be active to a depth of 29 to 156ft under the water and gives the tracking of FO2 and PO2
- Monitors the nitrox dive, which is a type of underwater diving, in which the concentration of oxygen is more than 21%. Nitrox monitoring helps to maintain a balance of between the levels of nitrogen and oxygen as the proportion of nitrogen in the gas uses for breathing must be very less to ensure maximum breath-holding capacity
- It also monitors the PO2 levels of your body which is an essential parameter while freediving as it indicates the level of oxygen inhaled air between the ranges of 1.2 and 1.6 bars
- It has a functional, elegant and easy to operate a compass
- Simple in operation with a soft and a hard press buttons
- Beep sounds are present for reminding the level of activities
Read review for best watch for counting steps also
Suunto D9tx is a diving product which is the manufacturing of the Sunnto in Finland that is known all around the world for their sport good manufacturing. The Sunnto D9tx has facilitated its user with a unique and stylish look alongside the critical dive information tracking.
FEATURES OF SUUNTO D9TX:
- The appearance of Sunnto D9tx is made so impressive and attractive by its titanium big sized frame and its bright display with the sapphire glass that supports anti-reflective coating.
- The case, along with the strap, is made up of titanium similar to its bezel material.
- Have 5 modes of operation, i.e. in air, mixed gas, free and off, gauge
- The dial is 1.84inch in width and 1.84inch in length with a weight of 182g
- Reduced gradient bubble model (RGBM) is the most remarkable feature of this freediving device as it monitors and manages the amount of any dissolved gas in a free state in your blood and tissue and thus tracks the actual functioning of gaseous level inside the body
- It also supports 120m dive down as it includes helium in the breath mix
Suunto is a company in Finland that makes quality products in the field of sports. They have made their product that meets the quality standards and is easily accessible to everyone. Suunto D6i Novo Zulu is way more than just a dive computer, it functions a lot in favor of the diver, and the most promising features are listed below:
FEATURES OF SUUNTO D6I NOVO ZULU:
- The distinct feature that makes this product different than other Suunto products is its straps. The strap is more durable with a different size of 275mm in length and 24mm wide
- An advanced 3D compass is present that navigates with ease and more accurately and it must be calibrated priory for practical usage
- Let you connect to the social world by logging you to the social account and lets you upload your pictures once you came out of the water
- Works via four different modes: digital compass, wireless air integration both for the air or nitrox, and logbook
- 99% operation of wind and nitrox mix is present
- Best choice for divers that dives deep in the water for learning navigations
- The freediving mode is so sophisticated and facilitates the user with timers like apnea timer, and alarms like the surface interval or the depth alarms
- Wireless air integration is present with transmitters
Amphos is one of the greatest inventions of Sherwood, a well-known company in the diving industry. The Sherwood is in this company for the past 60 years and is providing their consumers with quality products. They have over 1100 retailers in America and Canada. Out of many qualities product Amphos 2.0, the wristwatch computer is another greatest invention in their efforts in the field of diving.
FEATURES OF SHERWOOD CW8800:
- The amphos 2.0 wristwatch comes in black color with a strap band that gives the watch with an elegant look to be wear in public areas as well.
- The logbook consists of 3 screens having 24 dives in each screen
- For display of the computer, they have provided with intuitive wisdom three formats.
- It provides a variety of modes of operation, which include the time, free dive, dive, and gauge operations.
- Comes up with the transmitter, screen protector and a USB cable
- The two-gas given by them are 21-50% and 21-100%.
- The model is the DSAT decompression model.
- For diver’s ease alarms are installed which are audible and provides a flashing light icon as well to gain the attention of the diver deep down in the water
- For constant knowledge of nitrogen, ascent, and oxygen concentration, bar graph feature is also present that provides a quick review after the glance
- It also records the history of divers diving time, number of dives, maximum depth and low maximum temperatures that gives a record and tracking of your diving history and helps to set future goals
- For safety, they have provided a deep stop, which has a countdown too to ensure the monitoring in the deepwater for your specific positions.
Cressi is an Italy based scuba company that provides innovated design and function in the diving product. The company came into being in 1946 and now working for over 70 years. Drake titanium is their advanced diving computer.
- The casing comes in black and reflective color which is made up of durable technopolymers and stainless-steel body that increases its lifetime usage
- A watertight seal that prevents the entrance of sand particle and water into the watch during perpendicular use.
- A stainless-steel crown is installed to protect from scratches.
- 35mm full screen with the total case measuring 51mm.
- The software has four free diving programs installed in it, which works rapidly and provides all the essential information display on the screen.
- Records the diving time in seconds and minute format that enable close monitoring of the diving
- It memorizes 500 dives in the logbook which is a promising feature of the watch
- The depth of dive is also defined, which is current depth and maximum depth.
- Made up of full quality bands and comes in white and black color that gives a tempting look with diving benefits as well
- Company has made maximum efforts to make it easy to use, navigate the options, and good in looks as a sport watch
- The main highlight feature of this watch computer is its scrollback functionality and the capability of dual time display.
- The available color of the product is white and black. The side panel comes in pink and blue color options too.
- Has advanced two gas system, i.e., oxygen up to 99% and a mixture of Air/Nitrox
- Different operating modes are available that is nitrox, air, gauge, and watch style.
- Also has feature of two mix switch (mix 1, 21-50% & mix 2, 21-100%).
- The alarm system is well audible, which provides safety during diving.
Scuba equipment manufacturers MARES was founded in 1949, by Ludovico Mares. The company is also Italy based initially worked on masks and spearguns and now provide a verity of product and services to the divers by producing a quality product. mares smart apnea wrist computer is a magnificent innovation of MARES
- The stylish appearance comes in seven different colors: black, black grey, black-red, black-white, lavender, white lilac, white lime.
- The display features are very well in designing, which provide a bright and sharp display to the divers and have segmented and mineral glass display.
- The battery is lithium CR2430 and is user-replaceable and can last up to 200 dives in a single cell.
- The capacity of memory storage is 36 hours.
- The divers can customize the audible alarm system or if the diver does not like it so you can turn it off easily.
- Pre-dive planning, altitude adjustment, the countdown of surface interval, EAN mode, and dive log recall are the critical features of the computer.
- The watch can work at a maximum depth of 150 meters.
- 1 Top 9 Best Freediving Watches
- 1.1 1. Oceanic Geo 2.0 – Freedive watch
- 1.2 2. TUSA IQ-1204
- 1.3 3. CRESSI LEONARDO Freediving
- 1.4 4. Suunto D9tx
- 1.5 5. Suunto D6i Novo Zulu
- 1.6 6. SHERWOOD CW8800
- 1.7 7. CRESSI KS810055
- 1.8 8. TUSA IQ-1201
- 1.9 9. MARES 414129-BKBK –