Best Smartwatch For Kids 2020 have taken the wearable tech to the next level for kids. There is a significant incline in the sales of wearable accessories, all thanks to the smartwatch industry. Smartwatches also revived the dying watch industry.
Gone are the days when kids use to wear watches to watch the time. Telling time is the worst thing these smartwatches do. Your kids can play games on it. They can track their fitness. Use the built-in camera, Call their friends. You can also see their live location by using the GPS of the watch. Best Smartwatch For Kids are the perfect piece of tech you should be gifting to your children. Smartwatch For Kids are a great alternative to smartphones.
- VTech Kidizoom
Best fitness tracker for kids
- Enow Kids Smart Watch.
Overall Best Selling Watch
- TickTalk 3 SmartWatch.
Best Smartwatch for kids with camera
- SZBXD SmartWatch.
Best Gaming Watch
- Kurio Watch 2.0+.
Best Budgeted Smart Band
- Fitbit Ace 2.
Best Smart Band For kids
- Garmin Vívofit Jr 2.
Best Activities Timer
- Octopus Smartwatch for Kids V2.
- Pebble 2 Smartwatch.
Best Watch For Teenager
- Huami Amazfit Smartwatch.
Best Fun Watch.
So, Without wasting further time. Let’s see what are the best kids watches available right now.
Top 10 Smartwatch For Kids 2020 List.
- Two cameras allow you to take videos, pictures and selfies that can be customized and made into new Watch faces
- Helps kids learn to tell time with 55 digital and analog watch faces that they can customize; splash proof for everyday play, splash and sweat proof; do not submerge and not suitable for showering Or bathing
- Monster catcher game creates an augmented reality gaming experience where you can capture monsters in the real world
- Includes a motion sensor for active play challenges, a pedometer to count your steps and fun sound effects, features a parental controls setting to limit the play time
- Using the included Micro-USB cable, upload photos and videos, recharge the battery and download extra free content like games and seasonal clock faces from VTech learning lodge. Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 is intended for ages 4 to 12 years. Online exclusive colors are also available in camouflage and pink. Product Dimensions: 8. 9" X 1. 8" X 0. 7"
- 【Muti-Function & Remote Monitor】— Our kid watch supports Two-way call, LBS positioning, SOS emergency call,Camera, Flashlight, Voice chat, Remote voice monitor, Clock, Math game, etc Parents can control and set the watch via the APP. ( Remote Voice Monitor: set the voice monitoring number in the application, dial the number, the watch will automatically answer without reminding)
- 【LBS Tracking & Emergency SOS Calls】— kids tracker smart watch with LBS position technology, it provides a guarantee for the safety of children. And with SOS emergency alarm features, children can long press the SOS button key for help when they are in danger. The smartwatch also can keep 10 phone numbers on App and then sync to the watch.
- 【Remote Camera Function】— Our Kids smartwatch with photo function can record the child's good moments. Your child will take a picture of his friend outside and share his story with you. What's more, parents can control the camera remotely through the APP, and when the watch receives the signal, it will take photos and synchronize them to the APP, which is conducive to parents to understand the environment of their children.
- 【Class Mode & Safe Area】— When kids are at school or class, parents do not need worry about whether the watch will bother them. Parents can set 3 time periods on ''Do Not Disturb'' mode. This functions will be forbidden against all features like call, game, camera, but except SOS emergency.Parents can customize security range on APP, when the child beyond the safety zone, the APP will receive the reminder immediately. (The minimum radius of the safety area is 500 meters.)
- 【Sim Card Select & Warranty】— The watch works as unlocked GSM Phone, supporting Micro SIM Card. Saving telephone numbers in the App setting's telephone, you can calls and send messages to your kids. We provide Smartwatch only but without SIM Card, please buy extra GSM network SIM Card.We recommend Speedtalk SIM card. And we provide 30 days money back, 1 year warranty and life-time friendly customer service.
- FACETALK:2-way video calling feature, face to face video talk with your child anytime anywhere. It will support a 800×480 dpi resolution. Go data free with Wi-Fi connectivity. It’s the first and only kids’ watch phone that can make video calls smoothly in the US.
- MESSAGING: The new instant message center comes with 2-way text messages, voice messages, photos and emojis. Available for individual or group chat. The TickTalk3 allows child to send the preset text messages, like “I'm on the school bus.” “I'll call you later.” "Just arrived." It's now allowed to add customized text responses to the TickTalk 3.
- LOCATOR: Due to the 4G reception, the new locator is 50% faster than our prior model and it’s more accurate. It also, allows parents to locate multiple watches on the same map.Input the time you want, playback where had the child been.
- IP67 WATER RESISTANT: The TickTalk3 is safeguarded with IP67 water resistant technology, protecting it from rain, pool side splashes, or if it is dropped accidentally in a body of water.
- REPLACEABLE BAND: The TickTalk3 comes with switchable wallpapers and a trendy and durable nylon sporty wrist band. Customize the watch faces to mix and match the wrist bands.
- 🏊Boys Waterproof Smartwatch: Your children can wear and use this waterproof watch in any occasion even if it is rainy or swimming. so you don’t need to worry about the watch will be damaged while the kids washing or bathing or swimming (Cannot be used in hot water, hot bath or sauna. DO NOT press any buttons under water. Improper use will shorten the life.)
- 🆘 SOS Emergency Call Function: When in distress,your kid can use this smart watches to inform you thanks to an intuitive SOS feature.Just pressing the SOS button on the kids smartwatch for 3 seconds alternatively calls the preset numbers in any model until someone answers the phone on APP alarm notification . You can set up to 3 SOS numbers.Great help for kids in emergency situation!
- 🚩AGPS + LBS (Base Station Location): kids smart watch, double mode positioning means double safety for children, Realize all-day real-time location tracking, more accurate positioning, children just click SOS to connect the phone, At the same time, parents can check the location anytime, anywhere by SMS, website, IOS or Android APP.
- 📞Lets You Remotely Monitor Your Child: Our smart watch for kids has a voice monitor that lets you know what your kid is doing any time of day. Simply dial the number and the smartwatch for boys will automatically answer, letting you secretly hear what your kid is doing.
- 📢 Not Included SIM Card: support micro SIM card, we only provide Smartwatch, but no SIM card, please purchase additional GSM network SIM card, we recommend SPEEDTALK SIM (belonging to T-mobile network), watch SIM card needs to be enabled GPRS function and caller ID function, must be compatible with 2g of data traffic, watches currently only use 2g of data traffic.
- Kurio watch 2.0+ is a real Bluetooth Smartwatch built especially for kids, packed with apps & games!
- Now comes with two (2) interchangeable bands to match your style! included bonus band changes color right on your wrist!
- Play single and two-player games on one watch, or connect two watches together via Bluetooth, plus motion-sensitive games that get kids moving!
- Message friends via Bluetooth to share texts, Emoji's, selfies, Doodles and voice recordings with other Kurio watches & Android devices
- The front-facing camera is perfect for selfies and recording videos make a silly face or add to the fun with photo filters & frames!
- Steps & active minutes tracking lets kids skip, jump & move their way to a healthier life
- Kids earn virtual badges and fun on screen celebrations when they reach their goals
- Bring on the pool party cannonballs or lunchtime spills Ace 2 is swim proof (water resistant to 50 meters)
- Kids spend less time charging & more time moving with up to 5 days of battery (varies with use and other factors; animated clock faces require more frequent charging)
- Pair ace 2 to a child account to access a limited kid view. Kids can also challenge their friends to step competitions & send each other messages or cheers in app
- Swim friendly kids activity tracker with Captain America theme
- Kid-tough adjustable band, features a customizable color screen and 1+ year battery life; No recharging needed
- Syncs with free mobile app, which includes chore management and schedule alert tools for parents
- Kids Advance in Lutron's Revenge: A Marvel Avengers mission app adventures by meeting 60 minute daily activity goals
- Tracks steps, sleep and 60 minutes of daily recommended activity
- NEW - Octopus Watch Motion Edition is the first icon-based watch that empowers kids by teaching good habits and the concept of time, while also encouraging them to stay active with its new fitness tracker.
- It links time to events thru 2000+ icons*, making it the first clock that young kids can actually read and understand.
- It's a scheduler for children that fosters responsibility, independence and self-esteem.
- It's an assistant that helps parents prioritize expectations and stay consistent with daily routines.
- It's a fitness tracker that tracks physical activity and more.
- Notifications at a glance: calendar events, text and emails, incoming calls, and more.
- Includes Pebble Health, a built-in activity and sleep tracker with daily reports and weekly insights.
- Water resistant to 30 meters
- Built-In microphone for voice notes and quick replies
- Go the Distance: Use the Amazfit Bip Lite Smartwatch for up to 45 days on a single 2.5 hour charge.
- Don't Miss a Beat: Get detailed insights into frequent activities with daily fitness tracking, sedentary reminders, and 4 sport-modes.
- Swim Proof: With 3 ATM, the watch can resist to any of your daily activities and can even be worn while swimming (up to 30 meters’ water pressure).
- Keep an eye on your health: With PPG sensors, monitor your heart rate 24/7 as well as get detailed insights into your sleep pattern.
- Look good always: With a 1.28‘’ reflective always-on display, and three colors to choose from, the Amazfit Bip Lite Smart Watch will match your personal style.
Best Kids Smartwatch – Best fitness tracker for kids
Vtech Kidizoom DX2 is a notable smartwatch for kids. This watch is specifically designed for the kids in the age bracket of 4-12years. This watch has two cameras. One for selfie and the other for the portrait shots. Your kid won’t miss capturing a moment every again. Both the cameras on this device are pretty decent. The cameras present on the device can shoot still images as well as videos.
There are 55-different watch faces designed for every taste. You can select analog as well as a digital display. For increased productivity and time management of your child, this watch comes with a calculator, alarm, calendar, and a bunch of other applications.
This Smartwatch For Kids is equipped with a spartan battery that has very long battery life. It will efficiently serve you for at least a couple of days with moderate usage. Hence, you don’t have to charge it that often and can enjoy it without worrying about the power juice.
There are a lot of fitness tracking applications on the watch. Your Child can easily track how much has he traveled and other fitness-related activities. This urges your child to play more outside instead of X-box. The Vtech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 comes with a standard micro-USB charging port. This lets you quickly share photos from the watch to the computer and vice versa. It’s splashproof. So, your child can focus more on the actual game instead of water getting into the watch.
The top smartwatches for kids with gps can be connected to the Windows as well as the macintosh machine. There is 256-Mega Byte on internal storage built-in. So you can easily manage applications and multimedia.
The Vtech Kidizoom DX2 is a smartwatch specifically designed for kids. It’s a great alternative if you want your kid to get busy and get time-telling skills. The overall feel of the watch is really great, and it comes with a motion sensor that tracks the fitness of your child.
There are 55 watch faces to choose from. Your child can use this smartwatch to play games, record videos, and get organizing apps. The watch is completely splash-proof. It comes with a micro-USB port and 256MB internal storage. The only issue we encountered is that it’s not that well built. Overall, its an excellent smartwatch for your child.
As you can check Best Triathlon watch review also
Enow Smartwatch For Kids is the perfect smartwatch for parents who are worried about the safety of their children. This watch comes with a lot of safety options. The Enow Smartwatch is integrated with LBS tracking, which allows you to track the location of your kid. There is also an emergency button on the smartwatch which pop-ups security alarm on your mobile phone. This feature is pretty useful. Your kid can ask for help when they need it in case of an emergency.
The built-in camera of the watch can be used to click still photos and videos as well as a remote camera. You can use the mobile app(available for IOS & Android) to get the still images of the smartwatch of your kid and then watch it on your mobile phone. This feature is pretty useful if you want to get the track of surrounding of your child.
This Smartwatch For Kids can perform as a regular mobile phone by plugging a sim-card. It offers two-way calling and messaging. Your child can use this watch to communicate with you. There is a built-in match game that increases the mathematics sense of your child.
This watch has a voice recorder and a flashlight. Both these functions can be used by your children to enhance their productivity even if you want your child to pay attention to studies instead of all the other features. You can do that too. There is a Class Room mode in the application. You can set the time period as classroom time, and during this time, your watch will block all the other applications except the SOS alarm and time-telling functionality.Best smartwatch for 10 year old.
Enow smartwatch is one of the best smartwatches for kids. It’s so reasonably priced and offers advanced functionalities like remote camera, SOS alarm, and Classroom schedule. Flashlight and voice memos are also great features.
The watch also offers two way calling, messaging, and a cool Maths game. The mobile app can also control the functionalities of the smartwatch, and we personally think that its one of the most amazing features that this smartwatch enjoys. Parents can fully track the activities of their kids.
TickTalk 3 is an emerging smartwatch brand. It offers unique features. You can use this smartwatch to do video calls to your child anywhere anytime. You can use the 4G LTE Simcard from your internet provider. Or you can use the wifi connection of your house. It’s an advanced security feature that lets aware of your child’s surroundings. This feature is very naive to the smartwatches, which are specifically designed for kids.
TickTalk 3 smartwatch also enables your child to send text messages. The messages connection is a two-way system, meaning that your child can send as well as receive messages. Your child can send you text messages individually or in a group. There are a lot of elements in the messaging app. Your child can send you Emoji, voice notes, photos, or text.
This smartwatch has an excellent location locator. The new locator is 50% faster than the prior model. This locator lets you track the route of your child. You can easily follow the path of your child. This gives you complete peace of mind.
For the peace of mind of your kid, this watch comes with an IP67 waterproof certification. This lets you enjoy your time instead of worrying about the water all the time. It can easily bear splashes of rainwater, or even your child can accidentally drop it in the pool.
There is an emergency system integrated into the smartwatch. When your child presses the SOS button in a certain order, it connects your smartwatch to the 911. This feature is pretty useful when your child needs emergency help in case of a mishap.
There are a variety of straps available for the TickTalk 3 smartwatch. These bands can be swapped according to your taste.
TickTalk 3 is a fantastic cell phone Smartwatch For Kids. This watch offers plenty of features for the price. It offers IP67 certification, which is very rare in smartwatches for kids. In addition to that, it also includes a video calling feature, Location locator, and an emergency SOS button. TickTalk 3 is a complete package of productivity and safety for your kid.
SZBXD is a perfect SmartWatch for school going kids. This watch is a kind of spying machine. It has a voice transmitter, which lets you hear the voice through the smartwatch anytime. This lets you hear what your child is doing anytime, without letting him know. It’s a great security feature to keep an eye on your children.
In addition to voice transmission, this watch has dual-mode positioning, which means double the security. The dual-mode positioning lets you track the real-time position of your kid. This is an advanced feature, and many top-level smartwatches are even missing this functionality.
If your child gets into any trouble, he can simply press the SOS button on the smartwatch for 3 seconds, and it will immediately start calling the emergency stored numbers. This alarm keeps ringing until someone answers the call. You can save up to 3 emergency numbers that would be used in case of an emergency.
You don’t want the water to come in the way of your child’s adventure. This watch is fully waterproof. Your child can wear this watch even during watersports. Just make sure that your child does not press any buttons while the watch is underwater.
SZBXD also features two-way calling, which lets you talk to your child anywhere anytime. You can instantly call your child using the 2G data of the sim. SZBXD currently supports 2G data.
This smartwatch has a GPS tracker, which is second to none. It’s a bit slower due to the use of the 2G connection. Nonetheless, it does the job the right way for kids gps watch.
SZBXD is another top quality watch in our list of Best Smart Watch for kids. It’s a pretty impressive watch with all the basic functionalities of a kid’s smartwatch. It offers two-way communication via voice call.
This watch lets you monitor your child’s activities by using the built-in voice transmitter. SZBXD is fully water-proof and offers a lot of necessary features.
Kurio Watch 2.0+ is an ultimate smartwatch for kids. This is genuinely a smartwatch for kids. It’s packed with games, apps, and swappable bands to personalize your watch according to your own flavor.
The Kurio Watch 2.0+ is packed with a bunch of motion sensor games so that your child does not get bored. Let your kid personalize the watch by choosing a watch face of his choice and putting a perfect band for it too. The camera of this device is top-notch.
The front camera of the watch takes beautiful selfies and can record funny videos too. Your kid will enjoy taking photos and then adding different filters to customize the look and feel of the images. The video quality of the watch is also very superior. You won’t notice that its a smartwatch built for the kids.
Kurio watch users can send messages to each other, and if you are an android user, you can join the conversation too. You can send Emoji’s, text messages, voice notes, doodles, and selfies. If you are an android user, you can interact with the watch by downloading the Kurio Watch android app available on the play store. The Kurio Watch 2.0+ uses the built-in Bluetooth connection for communication.
For the case of a medical emergency, you can store critical medical information like blood group, allergies, etc. on the watch. This feature is pretty useful and can be life-saving in case of an emergency.
This watch also includes basic functionalities like Music Player and you can also add blackpods via bluetooth, Alarm Clock, and calculator too. For an added level of durability, this watch is splash-proof and can take a few splashes of water easily.
Kurio Watch 2.0+ is a kids smartwatch with amazing games and apps. It has two interchangeable straps, which is really a cool feature. Kurio watch can connect to your android phone to send and receive messages. This watch is partially waterproof and can show essential medical facts of your child in case of an emergency.
Although it lacks features like GPS and mobile data connectivity, still, it’s great if you are looking for a smartwatch for kids, which does play games, snap photos and can be used for basic tasks.
Fitbit Ace 2 is another excellent smartwatch for kids in our list of best smartwatch of kids. Its actually a fitness tracker kind of watch. This watch is really cool for kids if your child is obsessed with sports and a healthier lifestyle.
Fitbit Ace 2 keeps the record of every movement of your child and earns your child badges and achievements. This motivates your child to do more and achieve a healthier lifestyle. Moreover, it also notifies your kid of you every step that how it is contributing towards his goal. If you want your child to have a healthy habit, this is your way to go.
There is a 60-minutes daily challenge in the watch, which allows your kid to do physical tasks for 60-minutes daily without a break. This can be adjusted in the app. Fitbit Ace 2 smartwatch is also perfect for watersports. It can be used as swimwear. Your child can wear this watch for his swimming lessons and competitions.
This amazing fitness tracker and smartwatch have a beast of a battery. It will serve you 5-days on a single charge on moderate usage. So, your child spends less time charging and more time on an active and healthier lifestyle.
Parents can set up parental control and watch their child’s activities for the day or the week. This lets parents watch out their child’s achievements and how he is performing. The interface of the watch is very simple and straightforward too.
Fitbit Ace 2 is a great fitness tracker combined with the basics of a watch. It tracks all the physical tasks of your kids, which is excellent. The avatars and badges given as achievements encourage your kids to do more. Its fully waterproof and can be used as a swimwear accessory. The battery life of this tiny gadget is also very fantastic. The only drawback with this watch is that it is not that well built.
Garmin Vívofit Jr 2 is a fitness tracker with Captain America’s theme. We included this smartwatch on our list because of its sturdy design. This smartwatch has a really cool design and feel. The screen of the watch is very customizable with a very comfortable strap that has Captain America’s avatars all over it. This watch is so adorable that your child will love showing it to his friend.
If you are tired of frequent battery charges, then this watch will end your battery problem for once and for all. This smartwatch has a user-replaceable battery that has a battery timing of more than a year. Are you amazed? We were surprised too. The battery life on this device is just remarkable.
This watch is swimwear friendly. Your kid can wear this watch while taking swimming classes. Garmin knew that its hard to keep children away from water. That’s why they have made this watch fully water-resistant.
For an increased active lifestyle of your kid, this watch offers plenty of tracking features. There is a 60-minute daily activity challenge on the watch to keep your child motivated. The steps counter counts the steps of your kid to make him walk further. You can download the IQ app to challenge your kid also.
You can always track the sleep routine, count the footsteps, or organize the chore data. The chores data function sends an alarm to the kid’s watch to let him know what he is supposed to be doing. This is a really cool function for kids who often procrastinate or forget what they should be doing. Plus, there is a timer on the watch to let them know how much time is left for the end time.
Garmin Vívofit Jr 2 is an excellent smartwatch for kids with all the essential functions. It has a 1-year battery life, which is quite impressive. If your child is a fan of Captain America, then he would love the physical appearance of the watch. The watch is waterproof. The fitness tracker of the watch tracks all the necessary functions like steps, sleep counter, and even manage old chores data. It’s a great smartwatch if your child loves a smartwatch that has a built-in fitness tracker.
Octopus Smartwatch V2 is really a great up-gradation from the previous version of the octopus smartwatch. It offers a great fitness tracker that tracks the physical activities of your kid. This motivates your kid to stay active all the time.
There are more than 3000 icons to show different tasks on your kid’s watch. This feature is really cool if your child is really young and does not know how to read. You can set up different tasks through the app by choosing your favorite icon, timing, and description, and it will show the icon on the image.
For example, you can show a brush icon on the watch to show the kid that its brush time. And you can show bed on the watch to tell the kid that its time to go to bed. It’s really a cool feature, and we did not encounter any watch that has any design similar to this watch. You can use this feature to organize the whole day of your child by showing different icons. This will develop a sense of responsibility in your kid.
The Octopus smartwatch uses the 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope to provide you all the fitness-relevant data. It does not use any GPS or mobile network. This can be a plus or minus depending on your needs.
The charger of the watch is unique. It’s an octopus styled stand, and you have to dock your watch to get it charged. Your child would definitely love charging it.
The Octopus Smartwatch V2 introduces a unique concept of symbols. It will ask your kid to schedule his day by showing different vectors. It’s a really great concept for kids who don’t know how to read yet. The overall feel of the watch is also excellent. The straps are nice and soft. Overall, it’s a good buy.
Pebble 2 smartwatch is the most expensive smartwatch on our list of best smartwatch for kids. This smartwatch is actually the best smartwatch for teenagers rather than kids. This smartwatch has a built-in heart rate monitor that counts your footsteps, measures your heart rate, calories, and even sleep pattern. It combines all the features of a fitness tracker with a smartwatch.
Pebble is a very renowned brand in the smartwatch industry. Since the launch of Pebble’s first launch, the original Pebble Watch, this brand has got an unrealistic appreciation. Pebble continued its legacy of beautifully crafted smartwatches with this one.
Pebble 2 smartwatch has a voice dictation system that uses pebble’s built-in microphone. You can also use this microphone to save voice notes too. There are more than 10,000 apps available for the Pebble 2 smartwatch ranging from health, productivity, games to the remote controls.
Best Smartwatch For Teenagers
There are infinite things that this watch can do. This watch has a marvelous battery life of 7-days. That means a week of worry-free adventures. This watch is the true meaning of a future of smartwatches. There is always on display time available on this smartwatch. Since it uses LED display, always-on displays merely use any power juice.
Last but not least, this watch is fully waterproof up to 30 minutes on underwater. That gives you more freedom, even under the water.
If you are willing to spend the money this is best gps tracker for kids.Pebble 2 smartwatch is the best smartwatch money can buy for your teenager. This watch has a blood rate monitor, heart sensor, and sleep counter. It is fully waterproof and offers a great seven days of battery backup. There are tens of thousands of apps available for this watch, which makes it ahead of the competition.
The point of pushing this amazing watch down the list is its high price. If you don’t mind spending over a hundred bucks on your child, it’s the best value of money then.its smartwatch for 12 year old as well.
Huami Amazefit smartwatch comes in a variety of colors and personalization options. This watch is also targeted at the teenagers-Perfect smartwatch for teenagers. This watch is designed to be your teenager’s daily driver. He won’t feel even if it is there. This amazing watch can be worn all day long. You don’t have to pull this watch away that often. Since you get a whopping battery life of 30-days after a mere recharge of 30-minutes. Isn’t it amazing?
This smartwatch has a built-in optical heart rate monitor and GPS. Both these technologies work hand in hand to create a perfect system of location tracking and fitness. You can measure the steps taken, calories burned, distance traveled, and even quality of sleep. You can also turn on specific sports mode to get more insights.
Since your teenager will be using different social media applications, emails, and phone apps, this watch has an amazing one-way notification system that gets you aware of your on-going notifications.
This smartwatch also features weather reports, sleep counter, and all the organizing apps like calculator, calendar, etc. For an added level of satisfaction, the watch has an industry-leading IP68 waterproof rating. IP-68 is the most advanced waterproof rating. The Huami Amazfit can remain under the water for half an hour in 1.5 meters in depth.
The Amazfit is an amazing smartwatch. It gives you all the basic functionalities of a fitness tracker coupled with a smartwatch. The battery life on this device is also very amazing. The smart notifications and weather updates keep you updated. GPS and heart rate take your child’s fitness and security into another level. As its IP-68 water certified, you don’t have to worry about water damage too. All in all, a great watch to have.
How to choose Best Smartwatch For Kids – Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right smartwatch for kids is not easy. There are a variety of watches available that perform a different task. Not all watches are suitable for your kid. There could be a lot of things you should be looking for before making a purchase. We have combined all the factors you should be looking for in a smartwatch for your kid. In this way, you can choose a smartwatch that’s best for your kid. Let’s see what these factors are?
Locations tracking is one of the best features of modern-day’s smartwatch. It’s a very crucial factor if you are worried about your child’s safety and security. As a parent, you should know where your child is and what he is doing. Location tracking is a very crucial feature if you are living in a dangerous area. Moreover, location tracking also enables you to monitor your child’s activities.
There are various types of location tracking systems.LBS, GPS, etc. GPS is the most accurate and famous for them. GPS gives you real-time tracking information, which is very accurate.
Most of the smartwatches included in this list have a location tracking system, but a few of them lack this primary function. Look for needs and see whether its a deal-breaker for you or not.
The emergency alarm button is a feature that pops-up security alarm on the parent’s app. This gets you aware of your child’s emergency situation. It’s a vital security feature, and if you are buying a smartwatch for your kid keeping the safety reasons in mind, it would be worth seeking a watch that has a dedicated SOS button.
Dedicated SOS button, when pressed in a specific pattern, would tell parents that your child is in need of your help. Obviously, you don’t want your child to be trapped in danger without your help.
A fitness monitor is another very cool option. If your child is an outdoor type of person, then we recommend you to look for a watch that has a fitness monitor. Fitness monitor tells your child how much has he traveled, how many calories has he burned, and so on and so forth. This feature is entirely dependent on your needs. If your child is a sports lover, then you should be looking for a watch that has a built-in fitness tracker.
Your child can use the camera of his smartwatch to take photos, record videos, and shoot selfies. The built-in camera of the smartwatch is an excellent alternative to the smartphone. If you want your child to spend less time on your smartphone and enjoy more on his smartwatch.
Then you should be looking for a watch with a camera. So, he can enjoy his first experience of having his own camera. Using his first camera, your child would be unleashing his inner genius.
If your child loves playing games. Then definitely, you should be looking whether the smartwatch you are choosing for your kid has games or not. If your child is fond of playing tiny games. Then we strongly recommend you to look for one which has a lot of games. So, your child does not get bored playing with the watch.
Waterproof is a very subjective feature. It depends on your child’s activity, whether he needs water-proofing or not. Indeed, if your child loves water-sports and often gets splashes of water, then you should be looking for a watch that’s fully waterproof. You don’t want to waste your investment by over-looking this feature if you are planning to keep the watch long-term.
Always pay good attention to the water life of the smartwatch before choosing it. Charging a device over and over again is a very hectic task, and you don’t want to get a watch for your child that does not hold the charge well and requires frequent charging throughout the day. Look for a smartwatch that has at least one day of battery timing.
Parental controls make it very easy to keep an eye on your children. Through parental controls, you can always check what your child is doing? What track did he follow? Parental control makes it really easy to keep your children tracked. If you are in need of parental supervision. Look out for a watch that has parental control or supports parental controls.
There are a lot of children who don’t mind playing games and wasting their precious time, even during the classroom. This additional feature blocks all the unnecessary elements. The essential options like timekeeping and SOS remain active even when in classroom time. Your child can contact you in case of an emergency, even during the classroom mode.
Mobile data lets you communicate with your child using the internet of the sim. This is a very reliable connection. IF you want to keep in touch with your child every time. Then it’s a must-have feature. The cellular data is really cheap, and you can contact your kid using the data connection of the watch. If your kid stays away from you and you need to be in contact with them. Then always look for a watch that has a cellular data connection.
A smart watch for kids is not just a timepiece. It includes a bunch of different features. Smartwatch for kids contains many additional features like a fitness tracker, GPS, Two way calling, messaging, and much much more.
There can be many reasons why you want a smartwatch for kids. Maybe you want to motivate them to play outside. Or you want to keep track of their location. There can be a bunch of reasons why you are buying a smartwatch for kids. After all, its a cool piece of tech and offers a bunch of necessary functionalities.
Smartwatches may be the first piece of tech for your child. And you want your kid to be introduced to the tech world without using the smartphone at a minor age. Smartwatches are a great alternative to smartphones. They offer tons of essential functions, keep you in touch with your kid, and offer fitness-related perks.
There are a lot of watches out there that claim to be the best smartwatch for kids. We have filtered the right ones out and put them here in our list of best smartwatch for kids. There are a lot of options available in the smartwatches. Always look for a smartwatch that suits the needs of your kid.
Not all the smartwatches are viable for your kids. There are certain things to watch out before making a decision. We tried our best to highlight the critical factors/features you should be looking for in a smartwatch for your kids.
We hope that this blog post would have helped you in making a purchase decision. Tell us in the comments section below, which is your kid’s favorite watch, and why? We would love to hear from you.
- 1 Top 10 Smartwatch For Kids 2020 List.
- 2 Best Kids Smartwatch – Best fitness tracker for kids
- 2.1 1- VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 – Best smartwatch for teenager.
- 2.2 2- Enow Kids Smart Watch.
- 2.3 3- TickTalk 3 SmartWatch – Best kids smart watch phone.
- 2.4 4- SZBXD SmartWatch – Best cell phone watch for kids
- 2.5 5- Kurio Watch 2.0+.
- 2.6 6- Fitbit Ace 2 – Best budget smartwatch for kids
- 2.7 7- Garmin Vívofit Jr 2.
- 2.8 8- Octopus Smartwatch for Kids V2.
- 2.9 9- Pebble 2 Smartwatch.
- 2.10 10- Huami Amazfit Smartwatch.
- 3 How to choose Best Smartwatch For Kids – Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Final Words